Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
We are looking for a senior engineer who is experienced in building applications for consumers and enterprises. As part of a team, you will be a self-motivated person who loves to solve interesting problems.
Who we are
Henry Schein One provides leading online dental practice management software to thousands of dental professionals. We are shaping the future of how millions of patients interact with their dental practice. We aim to solve tough, real-world problems by continuously innovating in the product space. We are growing our team to allow us to expand the use of our Patient Portal across the globe.
Our Tech stack
We are a big fan of serverless technology and use the Serverless Stack (SST) Framework for deployments (via seed.run). We have REST API’s but our more recent work has been in a Graph API. We use lots of AWS services such as SQS, SNS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Aurora (Serverless Postgres DB) to help us deliver the fast paced growth of our product.
The way we work
We are not looking for a ticket taker, we are looking for problem solvers. You won’t find us in JIRA and we don’t Sprint. We work using the Shape Up methodology enabling us to be product-focused for 6 weeks then have 2 weeks to pay down technical debt, fix some bugs and play with new tech before we start another 6-week cycle where we solve the next problem that has been shaped and agreed on by the team. The development team is presented with the problem with context and research to help them tackle and deliver a solution. Collaboration is a big part of how we operate as a team.
You are highly self-motivated and can work independently or partner closely with other engineers on a project. You are excited about building high-quality products and want to own the product development lifecycle starting with the right design and development principles. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You enjoy solving problems and like to challenge yourself by building scalable and highly performant solutions.
What you’ll be working on
- Create simple and intuitive web applications for a range of different end-users
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain your application
- Own front-end and back-end development for your application
- Design, build and maintain API infrastructure that allows for integration between different services and third party systems
- Work effectively with product managers, other engineers and business stakeholders on the project
- Communicate technical ideas and lead projects with a focus on solving real-world business challenges
Your technical skills
- Senior-level full-stack engineer with 5+ years of experience
- A robust knowledge of building and working with RESTful APIs
- Experience integrating with internal and third-party services
Your personal attributes
- Empathetic and authentic
- Inquisitive and interested
- Self-motivated and diligent
- Optimistic and courageous
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Great communication and collaboration skills working with other engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Independent, proactive, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
Our shared values
Consistently live and demonstrate Henry Schein One core values:
- No politics
- Each person as important as the next
- Recognise creativity and encourage it
- Open communication
- Strong Ethics
Apply for the job
To apply for this role, simply complete the form and upload your CV. Our team will then be in touch.