Privacy Statement Effective: 1st April 2022
We are Henry Schein One, a group of companies with offices all over the world. We are committed to protecting the personal data of all Henry Schein One applicants—whether applying for an employee or intern role at Henry Schein One including any of its subsidiaries; Software of Excellence or Dentally. This Recruitment Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal data as part of our recruitment process for companies in the Henry Schein One group. It provides details on your personal data rights and how to exercise your rights with us.
Personal Data We Collect Directly from You
The types of personal data we collect and process when you apply for a role with Henry Schein include (but are not limited to):
- Identification data and contact details, including your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information as allowed by law. As we move through the process of recruitment with you, then we may collect other data from you such as your date of birth, passport details, employment history, background information you supply in your application or CV, reference providers and other voluntarily provided information to support a recruitment process with us.
You can apply for a role at Henry Schein One using a number of third-party career sites; for example, LinkedIn. Doing so will connect your profile from these systems with the Henry Schein One job application.
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, where authorized by law or necessary to comply with applicable laws, we will ask you to provide demographic information such as e.g., race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Information That We Collect Automatically
Personal Data Collected from Other Sources
We typically collect personal data directly from you but there may be situations where we collect personal data from other sources. For example, we may collect the following:
- Information provided by recruitment agencies that you have asked to support you in finding a job
- Information provided by Henry Schein personnel who have referred you for a job
- Information provided by background checking agencies, including (where lawful) criminal background checks, that will verify the accuracy of information that you have provided
- Information provided by referees in response to reference requests
- Information collected from publicly available sources, including any business social media platforms you use or other information available online (where lawful)
How We Use Your Personal Data
We collect and use your personal data primarily for recruitment purposes; in particular, to determine your qualifications for employment and to reach a hiring decision. This includes assessing your skills, qualifications and background for a particular role, verifying your information, carrying out reference checks or background checks (where applicable and lawful), and to generally manage the hiring process and communicate with you about it. If we ask you to complete a candidate assessment with a third-party provider, we will include the results in the recruitment process. We will also capture additional personal data during in-person and/or remote interviews to assess your suitability for the job.
During the application process, we will process your CV information to check your skills and experience against the position for which you have applied. If we ask you to complete a candidate matching assessment with a talent management company, we will include the match results in the recruitment process. We will also capture additional personal data during in-person and/or remote interviews to assess your suitability for the job.
We will use your bank account details to reimburse you if you have claimed expenses associated with the Henry Schein recruitment process.
If you are successful in the interview process, we will carry out background checks and validation of your experience and academic and professional qualifications. We will use a third-party organisation working on our behalf to perform these checks and may share the CV and identity information that you have provided. Background checks will be completed only as permitted by local law.
If you accept a role at Henry Schein One, the information collected during the recruitment process may form part of your personnel file and will be processed in accordance with our employment privacy statement.
In certain locations, we are required by law to provide reports on the diversity of our recruitment talent pools and will need to send reports to the relevant authorities covering a particular time period.
Where permitted by law, Henry Schein may use the personal data you submit for statistical purposes.
If you are not successful in the interview process, we may keep your details after we so that we may reach out to you and invite you to apply for other positions that we think may be a good fit for you unless you request that we delete your application. Candidates will be asked to indicate their consent to be contacted about other positions.
Disclosure of Data
We only disclose your personal data to those who require access to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties that have a legitimate purpose for accessing it.
We will disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- Members of the Henry Schein One group around the world in order to administer the recruitment process as required
- IT Service Providers within or outside Henry Schein One group, working on behalf of us.
- Background-checking or other screening providers that verify employment history, and academic and professional achievements, as lawful
- Third-party service providers that support the Henry Schein One Recruitment process (such as recruitment or executive search agencies involved in your recruitment)
- Third parties where you have consented or otherwise instructed Henry Schein to share your personal data
- Third parties to comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative, or judicial process
- Third parties as necessary to establish, exercise, or defend against potential, threatened, or actual litigation
- Public authorities in response to lawful requests
We will implement appropriate measures to provide assurance that other Henry Schein One subsidiaries or third-party organisations that we use to process data on our behalf use information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement and with applicable law, and that the security and confidentiality of the information is maintained.
Henry Schein One does not sell personal data that we collect or process as part of the recruitment process or any related processes.
International Data Transfers
Your personal data may be processed in the countries where you have applied for a job. Third-party organisations processing personal data for Henry Schein must comply with all relevant privacy laws in order to protect your personal data in any country where they process or transfer the data.
Henry Schein operates as a global business and may transfer, store, or process your personal data in a country outside your jurisdiction. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards with respect to the protection of your privacy, fundamental rights and freedoms, and the exercise of your rights.
Your personal data will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or as otherwise required by applicable law. Henry Schein One may retain your data longer with your consent or for a legitimate business interest where we have assessed the business benefit and confirmed that this is not outweighed by your personal rights and freedoms.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Data
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights under local privacy laws over the personal data we hold about you. These may include the right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you.
- Have incorrect personal data updated or deleted.
- Have your personal data deleted.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- Receive a copy of your personal data in an electronic and machine-readable format.
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you (“Automated Decision-Making”). Henry Schein does not perform Automated Decision-Making as part of the processing activities covered by this Privacy Statement.
- Receive the categories of sources from whom we collected your personal data.
- Complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. However, we would like you to contact us first with your concerns in any case so we can resolve your issue directly.
Henry Schein One will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
You, or an authorised individual who we can verify is acting on your behalf, can exercise the applicable rights by contacting us using the ”How to Contact Us” contact details at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
If you are located in or want to apply for a job in the United Kingdom or the European Union/Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement falls into the following categories.
Consent: In some cases, we ask you for your consent to process your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. If you would like to withdraw your consent, you can do so by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Legitimate Interest: We process certain data for our legitimate interests. These legitimate interests include, for example, administering an efficient recruitment process and managing applicants effectively. We will rely on our legitimate interests for processing personal data only after balancing our interests and rights against the impact of the processing on individuals.
Performance of a Contract: We process personal data to perform our obligations under an agreement we have with you or to take steps prior to entering an employment contract with you, where you are considered for employment. For example, we use your personal data to make you a job offer or complete a contract of employment with you.
Other Legal Bases: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as in response to a court or regulator order. We also may need to process your personal data to protect vital interests, or to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
We use technical and organisational measures that provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your password or other form of authentication involved in accessing password-protected or secured areas of our recruitment process.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended or revised from time to time at Henry Schein’s discretion. The most recent document is available via the Henry Schein One careers web pages and application tools. If we propose to make any material changes, we will update this policy and include the effective date prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, wish to exercise your rights or to contact our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at one of the mailing addresses below:
By post : by writing to The Data Protection Officer at Henry Schein UK Holdings Limited, Medcare House Centurion Close Gillingham Business Park Gillingham ME8 0SB England
By email: by emailing us at UKDPO@henryschein.co.uk
If you are based in the EU you may in addition, or instead, wish to contact our appointed EU Representative ( see General Data Protection Regulation, Art 27 )
By post: by writing to Henry Schein Services GmbH, Monzastraße 2a, 63225 Langen, Germany; (FAO : Director Data Protection Europe)
By email: by emailing EURepresentative@henryschein.com